the soul knows..

the soul knows..
only love can make a cold heart melt

thoughts to ponder..

There is nothing holier in this life of ours than the first consciousness of love—the first fluttering of its silken wings—the first rising sound and breath of that wind which is so soon to sweep through the soul, to purify or destroy.
~ Longfellow

There are as many nights as days and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. ~ Carl Jung

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

free at last

today might be a short thought, maybe or maybe not; all depends on how much i want to dwell on my newfound autonomy.. for once in a long time, my mind seems relatively clear and free of the usual, customary dregs and trash.. but when I think about it, it is almost daunting.. the thought occurs to me that my mind is undisguised and open.. i’ve actually let all the issues, questions, problems, concerns and whatnot that i’ve let plague my psyche for what seems like forever to finally pass on..? wow, now there’s something..

internally, my mind is usually in high gear, sort of like a bugatti veyron on the autobon, and externally, my body is a vision of tranquility mixed with a splash of feistiness simply to let those who dare to get too close to my sleeping bear persona that I am aware, alive and ready to pounce at any second.. but, most who know me know that I am more bark than bite; surprisingly, even that is able to keep most of the leery at arms’ length..

i know my mindless moment has something to do with my latest stint of self-imposed exile and martyrdom finally coming to an end and at long last, allowing myself the gratifying taste of a scorching freedom i had denied myself for the last couple of dark and hazy years.. it was as if i had opened a set of large french doors leading out onto the pristine, white sand of the beaches of tahiti and allowing the refreshingly balmy ocean breeze to take my sanity by the hand and drive out the unhealthy, damaging chronicles of a time past, which are receding now into oblivion, and filling it with a promising outlook with no limits.. the world is mine for the taking..

the trials and tribulations of life are supposedly supposed to make you stronger, sort of like the saying ‘what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger’.. hell, with that on the table, i should be hercules or zeus by now.. i know, with all the punches that have been thrown at me, i have, fortunately, emerged relatively unscathed from the doggy-pile of life with minor bruises and yes, a stronger person for it..

i’m not saying I have lead a life of hardship or charm, far from it.. I do believe I am harder on myself that the average person.. I relatively carry a lot on my shoulders and I do appreciate the task atlas was handed when he was compelled to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders.. not meaning to take a jab at or lessen any other person’s own personal burden, I know the feeling and know it well.. but, to me and what i am saying in light of my newfound freedom of mind, it is absolutely exhilarating when you can wake up and the only thought on your mind is “take a deep breath and let’s see what the world is going to offer me today..”; all the while, knowing it will be something perfect..

No comments:

Post a Comment